Creamy frozen banana dipped in sweet vanilla Greek yogurt and sprinkled with chocolate chips and pecans…. this is one healthy snack that could totally pass for an ultra decadent dessert!!
I admittedly have quite the sweet tooth. I crave dessert after every meal and often feel like an ice cream cone or coffee and brownie is the perfect pick me up in the afternoons. And while I do splurge in the occasional spectacular dessert, I usually try and find a way to satisfy my cravings in a healthier and more wholesome way. With summer quickly approaching, I have been all about frozen treats. I LOVE frozen yogurt but decided to switch it up with these delectable banana pops. They are seriously so good and so good for you!. My 5 year old absolutely LOVED them! He asks for one throughout the day and it’s a sweet treat that I feel great feeding him
Bananas, yogurt, nuts, and a smidge of chocolate…. all nutritional powerhouses. Ok maybe not the chocolate but chocolate is good for the soul in my ever humble opinion 😉 These pops are super easy to make. I have just a few notes to make it even easier.
1) Bananas. Obviously you want to use ripe bananas but make sure they are still a bit firm. It helps the popsicle stick stay put.
2) I love Oikos Greek yogurt (I’m not in any way sponsored by them, just love the product!) but feel free to use any Greek yogurt. I thought the vanilla was perfect with the chocolate and pecans but I’ve seen caramel and mocha flavor yogurt that sounds fabulous as well!
3) Toppings!! Pecans and chocolate go hand in hand and really make this little snack dessert worthy but feel free to top with anything you have hanging around. Sprinkles, graham cracker crumbs, peanuts, coconut…. the possibilities are endless.
Let’s get started!
Chocolate Pecan Banana Pops
- 3 firm bananas
- 8 ounce container nonfat vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup semi- sweet chocolate chips
- 6 popsicle sticks
Peel and slice bananas in half.
Gently insert a popsicle stick into the bottom.
Holding the banana upright by the popsicle stick, carefully spread yogurt until banana is completely coated.
Sprinkle on chocolate chips and pecans and set on a lined baking sheet.*
Place in freezer for at least 1 hour. Enjoy.
* Foil, parchment paper, and wax paper works well.
Nutrition Facts Servings 6.0 Amount Per Serving calories 155 % Daily Value * Total Fat 6 g 9 % Saturated Fat 2 g 10 % Monounsaturated Fat 0 g Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 1 mg 0 % Sodium 8 mg 0 % Potassium 23 mg 1 % Total Carbohydrate 24 g 8 % Dietary Fiber 3 g 10 % Sugars 19 g Protein 3 g 6 % Vitamin A 0 % Vitamin C 8 % Calcium 3 % Iron 1 %