Ultra creamy and packed with flavor, this three cheese potato soup is only 116 calories per cup. It’s hard to believe that something so rich tasting could be so low fat and diet friendly. Oh, and did I mention that it’s completely loaded with good-for-you vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli, and protein rich, low fat turkey sausage? So how, you ask, did I get a thick and creamy, cheesy soup to remain so low calorie? The trick is to puree the potatoes and cauliflower. I also used fat free cream cheese to take it to that next level of creaminess.
Healthy Crockpot 3 Cheese Potato Soup
- 1 small head cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- 5 medium russet potatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion
- 8 cups reduced fat/reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons garlic salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 12 ounce bag frozen broccoli (I used the steam in the bag kind)
- 1 link lean turkey kielbasa, diced (any link of lean precooked turkey sausage is fine. I used Aldi Fit & Active Lean Turkey Polska Kielbasa)
In a large crockpot, cook potatoes, cauliflower, onion and broth on HIGH for 4 hours or until soft.
Using an immersion blender (or hand held blender) puree vegetables until smooth.*
Stir in spices, cubed cream cheese, and shredded cheese.
Add in broccoli** and turkey sausage.
Stir a few times to make sure cheese is completely mixed in. Enjoy.
* You could use a table blender and transfer the hot broth and vegetables. If you do that, please be careful because it will be HOT!!
* *I used broccoli florets that you steam in the bag. Once steamed, chop the florets into small pieces. You could also use frozen chopped broccoli and add it directly to the soup but you would have to allow time for it to thaw and heat up.
Nutrition Facts Servings 18 Amount Per Serving 1Cup Calories 116 Total Fat 4g Saturated Fat 2g Monounsaturated Fat 0g Polyunsaturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 20mg Sodium 755mg Potassium 246mg Total Carbohydrate 12g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 2g Protein 9g