I just love seasonal foods, especially when it comes to baking don’t you? There’s just something so comforting to me about the scent of pumpkin spice and cookies filling the house when it’s grey and cold outside. With that in mind, I’m so happy to say that I finally perfected my whole grain pumpkin spice butterscotch white chocolate chip cutout cookies…. the name was a bit long though so I had to cut it down to simply Healthy Pumpkin Spice Cutout Cookies but let me tell you, the flavor in these little gems is anything but simple.
Healthy Pumpkin Spice Cutout Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 6 tablespoons salted butter (softened)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoons 2% milk (any milk is fine)
- 1/4 cup butterscotch baking chips, chopped*
- 1/4 cup white baking chips, chopped*
In a small bowl, combine flours, baking powder, and pumpkin spice
In a medium bowl, beat butter, egg, sugar, pumpkin, and vanilla extract until well combined.
Beat in flour mixture.
Add in chopped baking chips.
Beat in 1/2-1 tablespoons of milk (I used 1) if dough is too dry.
Cover bowl with plastic wrap or place dough in a plastic zip bag and refrigerate 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350F
Using a rolling pin, roll the dough on wax paper until it's 3-4 millimeters thick. (The paper will help cut down on the mess and any sticky dough issues)
Using your favorite cookie cutters, cut out desired shapes and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Bake for 9-10 minutes or until lightly brown on the bottom. Be aware that the cooking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of your cookies. Enjoy.
* I couldn't find mini baking chips in those flavors so I just piled the baking chips on a cutting board and coarsely chopped through them with a sharp knife.
Nutrition Facts Servings 18.0 Amount Per Serving 1 Cookie Calories 142 Total Fat 6g Saturated Fat 3g Monounsaturated Fat 1g Polyunsaturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 22mg Sodium 40mg Potassium 8mg Total Carbohydrate 19g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 10g Protein 2g