Healthy Apple Cran-Walnut Muffins
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk (any milk is fine)
- 2 medium apples, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Topping: 2 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- Topping: 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 350F
In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
In a small bowl, whisk together egg, sugar, applesauce, oil, vanilla, and milk.
Pour wet ingredients into the dry and gently mix together with a wide spoon.
Fold in diced apples, walnuts and cranberries, being careful not to over mix.
Divide into a greased muffin pan and sprinkle with toppings. I got 12 good sized muffins out of this batter.
Bake for 23 minutes or until a toothpick removes cleanly.
Allow muffins to cool at least 10 minutes before trying to remove from pan.
Nutrition Facts Servings 12.0 Amount Per Serving 1 muffin Calories 185 Total Fat 6g Saturated Fat 1g Monounsaturated Fat 2g Polyunsaturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 16mg Sodium 138mg Potassium 39mg Total Carbohydrate 31g Dietary Fiber 3g Sugars 6g Protein 3g