Creamy, smooth, and perfectly spiced, this lightened up pumpkin pie is paired with an easy homemade graham cracker crust and is the perfect size to follow that Thanksgiving feast. Everything you love about pumpkin pie, but in cupcake form!
Lightened Up Mini Pumpkin Pie
- 8 whole (1sleeve) low-fat graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 15ounce cans puréed pumpkin (pure pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Optional: light cool whip for topping
Preheat oven 350
Purée or grind graham crackers in a food processor (using the S blade) into fine crumbs.
Add butter, applesauce, and sugar and blend until smooth.
Using a loose but heaping tablespoon of graham cracker dough, divide among lined cupcake or muffin baking sheet. I had enough to make 15.
Press firmly down using fingertips or the back of a spoon.
Pumpkin Pie Filling
In a large bowl, beat pumpkin, eggs, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
Add spices and cornstarch and beat well.
Divide evenly among the 15 lined baking cups. Each liner should be filled almost to the top.
Bake for 30-35 minutes.
If topping with whip, cool completely first.
Scoop whip in a zip bag, cut off a tip, and swirl the whip on top of cupcakes.
Sprinkle with nutmeg.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings 15 Amount Per Serving Calories 158 Daily Value Total Fat 3g Saturated Fat 1g Monounsaturated Fat 1g Polyunsaturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 29mg Sodium 91mg Potassium 66mg Total Carbohydrate 29g Dietary Fiber 3g Sugars 18g Protein 2g