Incredibly low fat yet velvety smooth, this simple and savory potato soup is a cinch to make and can be ready and on your table in under 30 minutes. (That includes prep work!)
I first posted this soup last November. This was very early on in my blogging adventure and one of my first recipes. First of all, let me say that I love my original version (click here for the original) BUT the photos are a bit lacking in quality and quite honestly, because I was so new in the world of blogging, I feel like it didn’t quite get the love it deserved. I mean, this soup is soooooo good. Just look at how smooth and creamy it is!
Low-fat Creamy Potato Soup
- 8 cups reduced fat, reduced sodium chicken broth
- 8 medium potatoes (9 if a few are on the small side)
- 2 1lb bags frozen chopped cauliflower.
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
In a large soup pot, add chicken broth, potatoes, cauliflower and onion and bring to a boil.
Once soft, use an immersion blender* and completely purée the vegetables until smooth.
Stir in milk, garlic, salt and pepper.
I served this topped with shredded cheddar, bacon pieces, and chives. Enjoy.
* A table top blender works just as well here but be careful because any splatters will be HOT and could burn you. If you're using a regular blender or food processor, transfer over boiled vegetables in small batches with small amounts of broth.
Nutrition Facts Servings 14.0 Amount Per Serving (1 cup) Calories 127 Total Fat 0g Saturated Fat 0g Monounsaturated Fat 0g Polyunsaturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 1mg Sodium 424mg Potassium 661mg Total Carbohydrate 27g Dietary Fiber 3g Sugars 3g Protein 4g