Simple and incredibly flavorful, this low-fat chili can be ready to eat in under 40 minutes. There are just so many things that I just love about this chili.
So many things in fact, that I feel compelled to make a list. I’m a list kind of person 😉 So bear with me…..
Simple Low-fat Beef Chili
- 1 pound 93% lean ground beef
- 8 ounces (2-3 small/medium) russet potatoes, diced small
- 1 large yellow onion, diced small
- 1 medium poblano pepper, deseeded and diced small
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 4 ounce can mild diced green chilies
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoon coarsely ground garlic salt, more to taste
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin powder
In a large greased pan, begin browning ground meat on a medium-medium low heat.
While meat is still slightly pink, add potatoes, onions, and poblano pepper.
Once the meat is cooked through and potatoes have begun to soften, add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and green chilies and mix well.
Add beans and spices and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes have softened.
Serve with cornbread, crackers, or a simple greed side salad. Leftovers reheat or freeze well.
Nutrition Facts Servings 7 (1 cup) Amount Per Serving Calories 221 Total Fat 6g Saturated Fat 2g Monounsaturated Fat 0g Polyunsaturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 37mg Sodium 861mg Potassium 335mg Total Carbohydrate 25g Dietary Fiber 7g Sugars 6g Protein 20g