Spinach Feta Turkey Burgers
- 19.2 ounces (1 pound is fine) 93% lean ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons sun dried tomato vinaigrette (I used Kraft but any Italian dressing will work)
- 2 tablespoon milled (ground) golden flaxseed
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper (try 1/2 teaspoon for added spice)
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach (chopped)
- 1/3 cups crumbed feta cheese
In a medium mixing bowl, combine turkey, dressing, flaxseed and spices and mix until thoroughly combined.
Stir in spinach and feta and mix well.
Form into 6 evenly portioned patties.
In the center of each patty, make a small dent with your thumb (this will help them retain their shape)
Preheat a well greased, large skillet pan on medium to medium low heat.
Once hot, place patties on skillet and cook for 10-12 minutes. If patties are browning too quickly, turn heat down a bit.
Flip patties and cook another 3-5 minutes until no longer pink inside. Stovetop temperatures vary which may increase or reduce cooking times.
Serve in buns or over a bed of fresh spinach.
Nutrition Facts Servings 6 Amount Per Serving (1 patty) Calories 186 Total Fat 11g Saturated Fat 3g Monounsaturated Fat 0g Polyunsaturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 71mg Sodium 268mg Potassium 124mg Total Carbohydrate 3g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 1g Protein 20g