Colorful peppers, summer squash, red onion and lean smoked turkey sausage make a simple and flavorful meal that comes together in under 30 minutes.
Summer Veggie Stirfry With Turkey Kielbasa
- 1 medium- large bell pepper (any color), sliced into strips
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into medallions
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced into medallions
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse garlic salt
- 3 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 link (14oz) pre-cooked hardwood smoked lean turkey kielbasa (sausage) Cut into bite sized pieces
On a medium low heat (my stove read a 4) combine the peppers, onion, zucchini, squash, and garlic salt in a large greased pan and cover.
Allow vegetables to sauté for 15 minutes or until they begin to soften stirring every 4-5 minutes.
Add the remaining spices and continue to sauté on a medium to low heat for another 5 minutes stirring halfway through.
Stir in the sliced sausage and cook another 3 minutes until heated all the way through.
Serve over brown rice or pita bread with a sprinkle of feta cheese.
Nutrition Facts: Servings 5 (1 cup) Amount Per Serving Calories 159 Total Fat 7g Saturated Fat 2g Monounsaturated Fat 0g Polyunsaturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 49mg Sodium 865mg Potassium 273mg Total Carbohydrate 13g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 4g Protein 13g