With fresh and simple ingredients, you most likely already have everything on hand, and you certainly have the 5 minutes it takes to whip up this protein rich, vitamin bombshell of a snack. (or breakfast, lunch, dessert, I mean really, this smoothie is a one stop shop) One of the reasons it tastes so ultra peachy is because I used fresh peaches that I had frozen the day before. So sweet and flavorful, fresh peaches are the optimal choice here. However, if you find yourself in a pinch with only bagged frozen peaches, don’t fret (ok, so it’s possible that I’m the only one who would “fret” about this, so just keep smiling and nodding and we’ll continue) With peaches that aren’t ultra sweet and juicy, you may find yourself needing to add another teaspoon of honey or packet of sweetener. See, no problem. Combine that perfect kiss of sweet peach with the hearty oats and spicy cinnamon and nutmeg and I think you’ll agree that this is one smoothie treat you’ll find yourself making all summer long.
Peach Cobbler Smoothie
- 1 fresh (medium-large) peach, sliced and frozen (or 1 cup store bought unsweetened frozen peach slices)
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (any kind of milk would work here)
- 2 tablespoons old fashioned or quick oats (not instant)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 pinches ground nutmeg (or to taste)
- 1-2 small packet (1gram) stevia (honey, agave, or your favorite sweetener of choice)
Using a hand blender or your basic table top blender, combine frozen peaches, yogurt, and almond milk and blend until smooth.
Add oats, spices, and stevia and again, blend until smooth.
Nutrition Facts Servings 1 Amount Per Serving Calories 178 Total Fat 2g Saturated Fat 0g Monounsaturated Fat 0g Polyunsaturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 5mg Sodium 143mg Potassium 373mg Total Carbohydrate 28g Dietary Fiber 4g Sugars 16g Protein 14g