This roast is almost so embarrassingly easy to make that I almost didn’t post it. It seriously is as simple as smothering a pork loin in spices and then letting it cook in the crockpot all day. I decided to share it though for 3 reasons.
1) Uh, who doesn’t need an embarrassingly easy dinner some days?
2) This roast is so incredibly tender and flavorful, and at a lean 160 calories a serving, it’s very waist-line friendly.
3) My 6 year old requested that I make it for 2036 days. I’m not sure what happens after that but apparently her love of pork roast ends.
My family’s favorite way to eat this is for dinner with my Skinny Parmesan Mashed Potatoes. I think it’s also a great lunch option served between a couple slices of crusty bread and dipped in the leftover juices…. If you could only see how my eyes got a little dreamy just then. Pork sandwiches…hmmm. However you decide to serve it, I’m sure you’re going to love it. At least for the next 2036 days.
Easy Crockpot Pork Roast
- 2.5-2.75 pound pork loin
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup water
Thoroughly coat the pork loin in worcestershire sauce and spices. (I used my fingers to really rub the spices in)
Pour 3/4 cup water into crockpot.
Place pork into the crockpot and cook on a low for a minimum of 6 hours.*
20 minutes before you serve, break the meat apart a bit to let it absorb some of the juices. This will ensure that it is almost melt in your mouth tender.
* After 6 hours, you can turn it on warm until you are ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings 10 (appx 4oz servings) Amount Per Serving Calories 157 Total Fat 5g Saturated Fat 1g Monounsaturated Fat 0g Polyunsaturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 66mg Sodium 286mg Potassium 478mg Total Carbohydrate 1g Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 0g Protein 25g