Cookies/Desserts

Fudgy White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies

By itself, this chewy fudgy (WHOLEGRAIN!!) chocolate cookie is noteworthy but wrap it around a white chocolate peppermint kiss and it becomes THE most requested Christmas cookie of all time.

It’s odd because I’m actually not a huge mint and chocolate person. I love mint and I LOVE chocolate but together…. meh, I could take it or leave it. HOWEVER, peppermint and dark chocolate basically steals my soul away in the night….ok yes a little dramatic but if you knew how many of these I’ve eaten today….well, it’s better you don’t, but rest assured that this cookie has been taste tested several times today and each and every time stole my heart (again with the drama, I’m so sorry, at this point I don’t know if I need more coffee or less!)
 Let me clarify that I am not in any way being paid or sponsored by Hershey’s but really the white chocolate peppermint kisses are a MUST in this cookie. Perfectly creamy with just the right touch of peppermint…and these little sprinkle specks that provide just the right crunch…seriously you must have them. Plus they are just SO pretty and festive.

 This recipe took me a few tries to get just right. I wanted to use primarily white whole wheat flour to amp up the nutritional value just a smidge and could only cut down on the butter and sugar so much before it lost its beautiful fudge factor. At 119 calories a cookie, I’m very happy with the flavor, texture and calorie count in this Christmas treat.

Fudgy White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies

  • Yield: 24 cookies
  • Prep Time: 3 hours 30 minutes (includes chill time)
  • Cook Time: 8 minutes

Ingredients

  • 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 large egg yolk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 24 white chocolate peppermint Hershey's kisses
  • 4 tablespoons granulated sugar, (for rolling, you'll have 2 tablespoon leftover)

Instructions

  1. In a small bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

  2. In a medium mixing bowl beat the butter and brown sugar together until creamed.

  3. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well.

  4. Slowly add in the flour mixture and beat until thoroughly mixed.

  5. Chill for a minimum of 2 hours. I chilled mine overnight.

  6. Preheat oven to 350.

  7. Wrap approximately 1 tablespoon of dough around a peppermint kiss, roll in granulated sugar and set on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.

  8. Bake for approximately 8 minutes. Every oven is different so once you reach 7 minutes, take a peek. The cookies should be puffed up and slightly cracked on top but still soft. you do not want to over bake these or they will seem a bit drier and less fudgy.

  9. Pull out of oven and allow to cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.

Notes

Nutrition Facts Servings 24.0 Amount Per Serving calories 119 % Daily Value * Total Fat 6 g 9 % Saturated Fat 3 g 17 % Monounsaturated Fat 1 g Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 26 mg 9 % Sodium 100 mg 4 % Potassium 32 mg 1 % Total Carbohydrate 16 g 5 % Dietary Fiber 1 g 4 % Sugars 3 g Protein 2 g 3 % Vitamin A 3 % Vitamin C 0 % Calcium 2 % Iron 3 %

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *